Vegan Creamy Sweet Potato Gnocchi or Pasta sauce
Sweet-potato &cream sauce
- 1 medium sweet-potato (peeled then chopped to rough chunks)
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 8 tbs. alpro soy cream 5%
- 2-1 tbs. olive oil
- Dried herbs: basil, oregano, thyme &crushed chili flakes
- Kosher/any kind of salt
Make a simple purée –
- Boil some water, pour them into a medium size saucepan and cook with the sweet potato.
- Once the potato is easily mashed (10-15 min.) Drain it, add a dash of salt and blend (use a hand blender or a potato masher) until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan and sauté the garlic and herbs (2-3 min.)
- Pour soy cream into the saucepan, then add the purée and mix well.
- Cook while stirring for about 5-10 min.